Dogs And More Dogs

Dog articles and dog stories

Monday, August 13, 2007

Kenneling Your Dog When You Travel

Bookmark and Share

Recently, I had the chance to talk to a kennel owner about boarding my two dogs for the weekend. I have never boarded my dogs before and I was amazed at what is required. . Most kennels now require that the dogs have a kennel cough shot and you need to have proof of vaccinations. I find that this is a great way to run a kennel for dogs. It was explained, that this particular kennel has never had a problem with kennel cough and will continue to keep up the reputation.

I learned about the different types of accommodations dogs have to choose from at a kennel. I of course wanted the doggie suites for my dogs. They have a little bed, pillow, rug and a television with a VCR, but they are booked three months out. The room I picked will have playtime for the dogs a few times a day and they will be in an indoor/outdoor kennel. They also have indoor kennels only and the dogs are let out throughout the day.

I picked this particular kennel because I know about the reputation and I had heard they were very good with the dogs. The kennel is kept spotless and has no problems with clients picking dogs up on Sunday’s between 5PM and 6PM. They understand the need for clients to pick dogs up before going back to work on Monday. This is a great service with no added charge.

I am looking forward to my weekend getaway, but I will miss my dogs. I know they will be taken care of or I would not go. If a kennel has a good reputation and the premises are exceptionally clean, you can be sure they will take care of your beloved animals. People who run kennels just to make dollar and have no compassion for animals will not be a good kennel to place your dog.

The fact that this kennel owner takes the dogs outside four to five times a day, makes me think she must really love her job, if you can call it that.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Dogs and more Dogs Free Web Counter
Free Counter Web Page Rank Icon