Dogs And More Dogs

Dog articles and dog stories

Saturday, August 4, 2007

People Who Breed For The Money Only

Bookmark and Share


As you know, many people breed their pets just to make money. This is causing a great deal of unwanted pets. With the dog population becoming critical, people need to stop breeding just for the money. Have you ever noticed the advertisements for a Labadoodle or a Pektzu? These dogs are being sold for over three hundred dollars. The following is a true story that just happens to prove a point. Some people are breeding these beautiful creatures to make money. It is not healthy for the females to continue to produce litter after litter without time to recuperate from the birth.

A person, who owns a Pekinese and a Shih-Tzu, continues to allow the female to become impregnated by the male. This is done whenever the female comes into heat. Her litters are usually five or six puppies. The person then sells the puppies for three hundred dollars to have money to drink. The puppies are not vet checked before selling nor do they have their first shots. This person continues to find people to buy these puppies and therefore, she continues to breed.

There was one puppy in the second last litter that was never taken, he is bull legged as the Pekinese father and no body wanted him. The owner was desperate to get rid of him because the mother was pregnant again. The puppy was four months old and never housetrained. I was asked if I wanted to buy him and I said absolutely not. When I was asked again the price was lowered to pay me if you can. I walked into this house and saw dog urine and feces everywhere. It took me all of two minutes to pick this little guy up and take him home. The others were somewhere else at the time, so I did not see them.

Training Jake was a task. He was never trained or even offered the outdoors as a way to go to the bathroom. After three hard and long weeks, I finally turned him around. My point is, this little guy was never cared for properly and I felt so sorry for him, I had to rescues him. There is no law saying how many times you can breed your dog nor is there anything stopping people. If people continue to breed dogs with health issues, the dog population of abandoned pets will increase.

I am a dog lover and would never have been able to pay such a price for this dog, but to this day, she has never asked me for the money. Everyone knows her reputation and still she finds people to buy these dogs. If people would stop supporting these people, maybe only reputable and respectful people would have dogs available without health issues. This to me is just a home run puppy mill. Another example of poor breeding practices. The only ones that suffer are the animals.

I have Jake and he is better taken care of and has learned many things in the months I have had him. He is the apple of his mom’s eyes. He and his brothers and sisters have a blog as well. You can learn about their days on Jake, Pooh and the Cats. Click this link over on the right.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Dogs and more Dogs Free Web Counter
Free Counter Web Page Rank Icon